Safe-mail Secure Communication System
Safe-mail is a highly secure communication, storage, sharing and distribution system for the Internet. It provides email, instant messaging, data distribution, data storage and file sharing tools in a suite of applications that enable businesses and individuals to communicate and store data with privacy and confidence. Every application is secured by state-of-the-art encryption ensuring the highest level protection and privacy to users. Within the overall system as with each application, security is not an add-on feature but has been designed in to the fundamental architecture of the system.
Safe-mail is provided as a hosted facility and offers the following services:
- PrivateMail - a single account that brings together the best in email messaging for the individual user and provides a very secure online storage place for important documents and data. Register for a free account and you get 3MB of disk space to test drive the system. Then upgrade to a larger account through the StoragePlus program published under Premium Services.
- BusinessMail - the perfect secure communication system for your organization. Create and manage multiple email addresses under your own domain and bring your staff and customers together in one secure private community.
Functions and Features:
PrivateMail and BusinessMail provide the following functions, features and benefits:
- Secure e-mail - including security of attachments that provides private end-to-end email communication among Safe-mail users and between Safe-mail users and non-Safe-mail users. Safe-mail users communicating securely with non-Safe-mail users can choose to use their digital certificate (supplied free) where the recipient has their own digital certificate or, if not the case, then they can use the SafeBox function.
- SafeBox - allows Safe-mail users to send secure email to non-Safe-mail users. Non-Safe-mail recipients receive a notification that they have a secure email awaiting collection and they are directed to a secure web site to collect it.
- Address Book - with nested grouping and sharing facility of users' private address books.
- Calendar - track time-sensitive projects, set meetings, and remember birthdays. The Safe-mail calendar offers secure sharing with other Safe-mail users.
- Folders and sub-folders - Create folders and nested sub-folders, and organize your messages and files the way that's perfect for you.
- Read receipt - all messages are registered and tracked with read receipt so that users know when their emails are delivered and opened by recipients.
- Dynamic anti-virus - a mechanism that filters malicious code before it reaches the user.
- Dynamic SPAM filter - a dynamic mechanism that marks and filters out unwanted mail.
- User level Authentication - a facility enabling users to filter communication and data access to specific users and user groups.
- 100% PKI compatibility - providing unequalled privacy to Safe-mail users when communicating with each other and with non-Safe-mail users. All users can acquire a digital certificate on request.
- S/MIME compatibility permits secure communication to and from non-Safe-mail servers using digital certificates.
- Free Digital Certificate - Safe-mail users can communicate securely with non-Safe-mail users with their digital certificate (S/MIME) that Safe-mail supplies for free to all Safe-mail users.
- Brief Case - document storage and sharing with optional version control enables users to securely store and collaborate in the creation of documents and projects.
- Publish - an application to publish material such as electronic statements, news letters and message bulletins to groups, either Safe-mail users or non-Safe-mail users, where each item can be customized. It has list management tools to automate the addition and deletion of subscribers, issue membership invitations and self propagate. Above all, it's totally secure.
- Bulletin Boards - provides a Bulletin Board system that gives users the ability to open and administer their own public information boards. This feature is extremely effective for internal announcements and bulletins.
- Instant Messaging allows users to "chat" securely in real time from any machine with a browser supporting SSL.
- Monitor - an additional window that remains open on the desktop that alerts users when a new email arrives or someone wants to open a chat session.
- IMAP - enables standard email clients such as Outlook to access and control Safe-mail accounts.
- Back-Office - for Business domains for administering own domain, creating user accounts, allocating disk space, etc.
- Multiple choices for user interface - users can choose which interface suits them best depending on device, line speed or appearance.
The system is available at any time and from any location using any device or Operating System be it PC or Macintosh, Windows or Unix, Sun or i-mode enabled wireless device.